Apply for Marketing Internship in GFDD’s New York OfficeJuly 29, 2009
InteRDom is looking for students of communications and/or marketing in the New York City area to intern in its midtown office from September 2009-February 2010! Under the supervision of the InteRDom Marketing Coordinator and the InteRDom General Coordinator, the InteRDom intern will have the opportunity to join an international and multi-disciplinary team, helping to form key relationships with
universities and students in the United States. Applications will be accepted now through August 16th, so don’t delay!
About the Internship
The internship position will be a part-time, 23-week position with holiday vacations and the possibility for renewal after an evaluation. The internship is unpaid, but GFDD will provide the intern with travel, transportation and meal incentives.
The intern will have his or her own desk space with internet connection at GFDD’s Midtown New York City office. He or she will be expected to work about 20 hours per week with relative flexibility of hours.
Intern Roles & Responsibilities Include:
- provide support to the Marketing Coordinator in all aspects of the InteRDom Marketing Program (IMP)
InteRDom’s presence on the World Wide Web, including updating Facebook and Myspace profiles, Twitter, and searching out and joining other sites that would increase InteRDom’s visibility
- update online contact databases and Excel files
- distribute posters to a database of schools in the New York City Area and send promotional materials to universities in other states as solicited
- research, create and
order or re-order promotional materials at the request of the Marketing Coordinator
- prepare all of the promotional materials in advance when the Marketing Team makes university visits
- accompany the Marketing Team (if possible) on university visits in New York and other states
Requirements to apply:
Candidates for this position should be English-Spanish
bilingual with experience in either Marketing or Communications. This post requires a person with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and a capacity for planning ahead. An interest in International Issues (specifically Caribbean or Dominican issues) is preferred, but not required.
Please send a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.